Texas A&M-Central Texas
In Texas, we are working with Texas A & M University-Central Texas on the world’s largest solar test site, a 50MW, $600 million project on 800 acres. The test site will feature the top 100 global technologies representing six major product classes, each at utility scale, 500 kW.
The center will serve as an incubator to fast-track technologies from concept to market. Product validation, technology research, curriculum development and training protocols are being developed. When operational, the site will generate more power than the university consumes.
- To research domestic and international photovoltaic designs, cost effectiveness, and production in real world scenarios
- To research existing and developmental solar technologies
- To establish a cross platform comparison protocol
- To operate a solar technology innovation award
- To establish a Solar PV industry specific business school at the University
- To establish in conjunction with the University a Solar Technology industry specific business incubator
- To do applied research on the technologies identified from the award program
- To do applied research on potential market acceptance, market dominance, manufacturing and installation analysis, production optimization and market positioning
- Research technology optimization for domestic and international commercialization
- All while benefitting and growing the Capacity of Texas A & M University Central Texas, it's programs, community benefits, and regional impact.